Carles Tusquets was named the interim president of Barcelona on Wednesday and will oversee the club’s operations until the successor for Josep Maria Bartomeu, who stepped down as president Tuesday, and a new board are drafted in.
The new president and board must be elected within the next three months.
Tusquets and his temporary seven-person team will control the day-to-day running of Barcelona – including paying salaries and general administration – but can’t ratify decisions with long-term significance for the club, such as sponsorship deals.
Tusquets’ association with Barcelona began in 1978 when, at just 27, he became the first treasurer of Josep Lluis Nunez’s presidential reign. The financial expert’s regular role is president of the club’s economic strategy.
Barcelona’s temporary management team:
- President: Carles Tusquets Trias de Bes
- Vice president: Joan Ramon Ramos y Raich
- Treasurer: Joan Lluis Garcia Jobal
- Secretary: Josep Maria Mir Padulles
- Chairperson: Miquel Llado Casadevall
- Chairperson: Josep Maria Xercavins Lluch
- Chairperson: Alex Tintore y Espuny
- Chairperson: Sonia Cano y Fernandez
Copyright © 2020 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.
Via:: The Score La Liga